Thursday, January 26, 2006

Where There is Smoke, There is Fire…



BRING ON T.O.: Defensive end Simeon Rice, appearing on Fox Sports Net's Best Damn Sports Show Period, said he would welcome Eagles receiver Terrell Owens, who is expected to be waived before the start of free agency in early March.

"He's a gamer," Rice said. "If we had a player like him, we'd have been in the Super Bowl this year."

The Bucs have been linked to Owens in reports, but no one in the organization has publicly expressed interest. It's likely conversations about Owens are taking place at the Senior Bowl, however, with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, making the rounds. Rosenhaus continues to decline comment on Owens' future.

Once again this has surfaced. I did not know what to really think about it. I do know that this guys is the best WR in the game, as long as he keeps his mouth in check. Who knows what will happen, but it seems as if the Bucs are really making headlines about acquiring T.O.

4 comments:

mhofeld said...

Dolphins coach Nick Saban also said that Miami would be interested in looking in to the possibility of making TO a Dolphin. I have to be honest, I'm not sure I want him on my team.

But hey, at one time I couldn't stand Ricky Williams.

Cutthroat Pirates said...

Yeah, I have to agree with you. This is a tough one. T.O. is a player who can take your team to the Super Bowl, however, he is a player that can destroy it. If T.O. learned anything from the Eagles, it should be that the next team will send him home also. Maybe this will help him be a better team player.

j merlino said...

I wouldn't touch to with a ten foot pole. maike that 20 ft.

half the teams in the nfl have the talent to win the super bowl. it's not about talent, it's about a team which meshes well. to only gets in the way of a team's goals

Cutthroat Pirates said...

jd,

Sorry I have not been to your site. I won't let that happen again.

I am not sure if we got T.O. yet, there is a few other teams after him like the Dolphins

Colorado welcome back bro. A part of me agrees with you, but another part of me, the part the is big time into fantasy football knows what T.O. can do.