Monday, January 23, 2006

The Road to Super Bowl XL (40)





Well it is finally known who will compete in Super Bowl XL. A part of me feels as if it is 1998, but instead of hoping John Elway gets his ring; America is hoping Jerome Bettis gets his ring, before he retires. However, Seattle Seahawks entered the NFL the same year as my Bucs and they have never even been to a Super Bowl. So I also hope they have the same destiny as the Bucs and win their first Super Bowl for their city and fans.

I think this could be one of the better Super Bowls in recent years beside the best one (Super Bowl 37) of course. I think the AFC has the best teams as of late, but if any NFC team is going to have a chance of winning it would be the Seahawks.

Congrats to both teams and if your a football fan, I think we are in for a good game.

2 comments:

The Armchair Quarterback said...

I sure hope it turns out to be a good game. I really could care less who wins but a tight thrilling finish to the SuperBowl would go a long way to redeeming this season for me.

mhofeld said...

The last seed in the AFC against the top seed in the NFC. You would think that this would be a mis-match but I think it will be an entertaining game.