Saturday, January 13, 2007

WWE HALL OF FAME


http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/

Pro-wrestling, you can call it fake, you can call it real, no matter what it is, I have been a fan since I could walk.


I still remember my first live match, my dad took my brother and I to the Civic Center where for the first time I saw Ric Flair vs Rufus R. Jones. Ric Flair was of course the champ and won. Every since then I have been hooked. I will also let you know that Ric Flair is my favorite all time wrestler.


Back to the Hall of Fame: Each year in April, the Super Bowl of Wrestling takes place known as Wrestlemania. The night before Wrestlemania is the Hall of Fame ceremony. Where superstars like Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Bret Hart, and many others have been inducted. In fact it is so big, that in 2005, close friend to Hulk Hogan, Sylvester Stallone inducted him into the Hall of Fame.


This year Hall of Fame class is still unknown and is kept secret. However the cats is out of the bag. Hulk Hogan who lives in Florida and is a regular on the Bubba the Love Sponge Radio Show, received a phone call from Vince McMahon's secretary Ann Russo. Russo was calling Hogan to let him know about the candidates for this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and wanted to know who he thought should be inducted. Little did Russo know that she was live on the Air during the phone call. So the list of possible names is out and they are: The Von Erichs, Ultimate Warrior, The Original Sheik, Ric Flair, Mr. Fuji, Nick Bockwinkel, Muhammed Ali, Mr. T, Mike Tyson, Howard Finkel, Jim Ross, Ken Patera, King Curtis, Ted DiBiase, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Ebersol (NBC Executive responsible for creation of Saturday Night's Main Event), The Wild Samoans, Big Boss Man, Bob Backlund, Rick Rude, The Bushwhackers, Rocky Johnson and The Brooklyn Brawler.

What I found interesting is that here is the wrestles that Hogan indorsed. Hogan named off Big Boss Man, King Curtis, Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, The Wild Samoans, The Von Erichs, Rick Rude and The Bushwhackers. What about Ric Flair? I guess it is because Flair still is considered an active wrestler. I would not think that Hogan is keeping Flair back since they are the two biggest names in the business. So needless to say Vince McMahon is pissed that this has been released. I would not be surprised if a new list is not created.




"watch you gonna do brother, When the Hulkster ruins the secret for the Hall of Fame."

No comments: