Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Juran Bolden Resigns with the Bucs...



Well good news for the Tampa Bay Buccaneer Defense, on Monday the Bucs resigned their nickel corner Juran Bolden.

Bolden would have became an unrestricted free agent on Friday, March 3, 2006 after signing a one year deal with the Bucs in 2005. The Buccaneers are getting a good start at keeping this number one defense together. Now the Buccaneers need to resign Chris Hovan, and work out the details on Brooks and Rice's contracts.

Bolden beat out Torrie Cox and Blue Adams in 2005 training camp for the right to be the team’s third cornerback in the nickel defense. Bolden recorded a career-high 42 tackles, two interceptions, nine pass breakups and notched two tackles on special teams, and helped Tampa Bay’s defense achieve the number one ranking in the NFL, while the Bucs’ pass defense finished sixth in the league.

"At my age, you get tired of switching from team to team," the Tampa native
said. "I don't even remember how many teams I've been on. I like what we're
doing in Tampa. ... And I love coach (Jon) Gruden. He showed me a lot of love,
and one thing about me is when people show me loyalty, I'm loyal to them."

Terms of Bolden’s new deal were not disclosed as of this date.

No comments: