Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday Bucs News.

According to www.profootballtalk.com "Jeff Garcia is ready for the quarterback competition in Tampa. (It should be a real nail-biter, given that Chris Simms has essentially conceded the gig.)"




The Bucs on Wednesday agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 49ers free agent defensive tackle Lance Legree.









PLUMMER OFFICIALLY RETIRES, WE THINK
Quarterback Jake Plummer has announced his retirement from the NFL.
"I wanted to come in and tell you guys on camera and face-to-face that the speculation can stop tonight," Plummer said. "You can know by the looking in my face and hearing my words that I am retiring from the NFL. At 32 years old, I'm running away from the game. Not in fear or fright, but health-wise. I'm healthy. I'm happy. I have a lot to look forward to in my life."
Reports of Plummer's retirement surfaced not long after reports surfaced that he had been traded by the Broncos to the Buccaneers. The timing prompted speculation that Plummer was trying to engineer his arrival in Houston.

We've since heard that Plummer isn't serious about retiring. If he is, he'll potentially be required to cough up a portion of his signing bonus money.



Free agent linebacker Chris Draft's discussions with New Orleans did not work out, his agent said Wednesday night. Draft recently visited the Saints, looking for a starting position.
"Chris will visit Tampa Bay (on) Monday

No comments: