Saturday, May 27, 2006

Chris Simms on David Boston...

Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms is giddy over the signing of David Boston.

"It's great to have him here," Simms told the Tampa
Tribune. "It definitely gives us another downfield threat. "I mean, if
you put Joey (Galloway) on one side and David Boston on the other, it's going to
make defenses think about who they want to cheat their safeties to in coverage.
We really have a lot of speed at receiver now."

Boston signed a one-year contract on Wednesday.

Did Simms intend to snub Michael Clayton? What are your feelings about Simms leaving Clayton out in the cold. Does Clayton need this push, I think so? Jon Gruden has been sending Clayton direct messages all summer. Previous reports state that Clayton the third-year receiver has lost weight and has been working hard following a lousy sophomore season. However, I think David Boston just might be the T.O. the Bucs were looking for. I know that sounds crazy, but lets face the facts. Boston is an awesome specimen. He is a freak that should be on WWE. If and I know the key word is IF, he stays health we might just have the best receiver money can buy. Simms is right, with Galloway on one side and Boston on the other who do you cover? Now I love Clayton and even though he had a season ridden with injuries, he still was a factor on the field. He threw his body at defenders, he played hurt all year, which shows his heart. I think a healthy, slimed down Clayton, Galloway, Boston and rookie Stovall as the Bucs main receivers, WOW watch out; Add Cadillac Williams to this mix and this just might be the "Greatest Show on Turf."

In other news: The Giants on Friday signed quarterback Rob Johnson (remember our old friend Rob?), who has not played in the NFL since 2004 after undergoing Tommy John surgery on his throwing arm.

Other NFL News: Texans defensive end Mario Williams signed a six-year contract last month that included no signing bonus (WOW), according to ESPN's Len Pasquarelli. He is the only top selection in modern history to ink a deal that had no signing bonus.

The Broncos came away extremely impressed with rookie quarterback Jay Cutler following his first mini-camp.
"God, he's going to be a great quarterback,"
Javon Walker told the team's official website.

"Obviously you can see all the potential that's there. I look forward to
whatever happens in the future." Head coach Mike Shanahan added: "You take a
look at 'Can a guy make all of the throws?' That's the key, not his arm
strength. Can you throw the deep post? Can he throw the deep circles? Does he
have the ability to flick his wrist to throw the ball downfield? He does
have that ability."

Wide receiver Javon Walker continues to progress in his recovery from knee surgery, adding warm-up pass routes for the first time in practice on Thursday.
"Kind of snuck that in on my own," Walker told the Denver Post. "But obviously
since I'm sprinting, I can do that."

The Reggie Bush number saga is over. On Thursday, Bush announced he has obtained the No. 25 from teammate Fred McAfee, who wore the number for eight seasons.

"To have worn the No. 5 was my first preference, but now the most important ting
is continue to raise awareness and proceeds for the victims of the hurricane,"
Bush said in a statement published by the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

He wore No. 5 while playing for the USC Trojans.

No comments: