Congratulation to Josh Bidwell. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers punter was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month for November. He is the first Buccaneer punter ever to receive that honor.
Josh Bidwell earned one NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award in September and another in October.
Josh Bidwell leads the conference with a punting average of 46.6 yards per kick and is second in net average at 38.6. Both figures are expected to be new Buccaneer records if maintained through the end of the season.
- Bidwell for the month of November punted 20 times during all four of the Buccaneers games (Panthers, Skins, Falcons, and the Bears).
- He averaged 45.6 yards per kick.
- Five of his 20 punts were downed inside the opponents’ 20-yard line.
- He had at least one punt of 50 yards or more in every game.
This is the first NFC player of the month award a Buccaneer has received since the team’s 2002 Super Bowl season.
- Linebacker Derrick Brooks took defensive honors in October of that year.
- Defensive end Simeon Rice assumed the same award in November.
- Kicker Martin Gramatica was the special teams choice in December.
Josh Bidwell is in his second season with the Bucs and I think he just might now be the NFC Pro Bowl Punter. At least we can help by going to http://www.nfl.com/probowl and vote now. Vote for Josh and many other of your favorite Buccaneer players.